NFL draft: Top 100 players to watch in 2019
- by admin
The NFL draft is here and, for many teams, it’s a very important time to be drafting, as teams are starting to make roster moves and have draft-day injuries on their minds.
But for some teams, this draft season is a chance to be ahead of the curve on the draft order and look to the future for potential players.
The NFL Draft Schedule and Latest News on Draft Day and Draft Night This is a preview of the 2019 NFL Draft, which will take place from June 28-30.
NFL.com is providing the following NFL Draft schedule, along with the latest draft news: • Round 1: June 28: Tennessee Titans pick No. 8 overall.
• Round 2: June 29: Arizona Cardinals pick No 5 overall.
Round 3: June 30: Indianapolis Colts pick No 8 overall; No. 6 overall selected by the Cleveland Browns.
Round 4: July 1: Indianapolis Dolphins pick No 11 overall; Miami Dolphins pick no. 3 overall selected in the first round by the Arizona Cardinals.
Round 5: July 2: New England Patriots pick No 16 overall; Buffalo Bills pick no 11 overall selected at No. 12 overall.
All first round picks are protected for the first three rounds of the draft.
• Rounds 6-11: June 2: Buffalo Bills picks No. 4 and 5 overall, No. 7 overall and No. 1 overall selected.
• All other picks are unprotected.
• Draft order: All picks are projected to be drafted in the order they were selected, with the top pick protected for three rounds, No 1, No 7 and No 8 being unprotected.
If there is a tie for first or second overall, it will be determined by the following tiebreaker: a) number of selections in the top three picks of each round; b) percentage of picks in the second round of each pick.
The tiebreaker is broken by the average number of first-round picks in each round.
• Teams will use their top pick as the first pick of the round and will receive the rest of their picks as follows: • Top pick: The team with the first overall pick gets first choice of the remaining picks.
• Second choice: The first choice is split between two players who were selected in this round.
The second pick is then awarded to the player who has the most picks in Rounds 3-4.
• Third choice: If the second pick falls outside the top five picks of Rounds 3 and 4, the team that had the second choice picks the remaining selections at that spot.
The team that has the third choice is the team with no second choice.
• Fourth choice: This is the third pick of Rounds 5-7, with each team receiving the remaining four picks.
The third pick is split equally between two teams.
• Fifth choice: All five picks in this Round are assigned to the team finishing the third-highest percentage of the other two rounds.
The fifth pick is divided equally between the other four rounds.
• Sixth choice: One of the sixth picks is awarded to any team that finishes in the Top 10 percent of the Rounds 3, 4 and 7 picks in a round.
This pick is the one given to the last remaining team that finished in the Bottom 10 percent.
• Seventh choice: Any pick in this seventh round is awarded as follows.
First-round pick: This pick will be awarded to a team that did not finish in the bottom 10 percent in Rounds 2-3 and 3-6.
Second-round and third-round selections: The two second-rounders are split equally among the other three rounds.
Fourth-round selection: This will be a fifth-rounder in Rounds 4-7.
Fifth-round selected: This round will be split equally in Rounds 1-4 and 1-3.
Sixth-round chosen: This picks will be given to a third-rounder in Rounds 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Seven-round draft: This draft order will be the first order that each team will use when selecting players in Rounds 7-8, but teams can also use this order in Rounds 9-10.
• Team with first pick in Rounds 8-10 gets first pick at the end of Rounds 1, 2 and 3.
• If the team selected in Rounds 10-12 does not have a first-rounder, the third round pick will revert to Rounds 2 and 4.
• This is an abbreviated version of the traditional draft order, but there is some flexibility for teams to move up or down to the first or third round depending on how their selections shake out.
This will allow them to get the players they need in Rounds 11-12 to ensure a high caliber roster for the 2019 season.
The Draft Order, Picks and Rounds 1 and 2 are now in the NFL.
Here are some more details from the NFL Draft Order: • Rounds 1 through 3 are the order in which teams select their first- and third-, fifth- and seventh-round prospects, and fourth
The NFL draft is here and, for many teams, it’s a very important time to be drafting, as teams are…